Wimbledon Logistics Ltd
Sexual assault and harassment policy
Wimbledon Logistics Ltd is committed to providing a safe environment for all its employees free from discrimination on any ground and from harassment at work including sexual assault or harassment. Wimbledon Logistics Ltd will operate a zero tolerance policy for any form of sexual harassment in the workplace, treat all incidents seriously and promptly investigate all allegations of sexual harassment. Any person found to have sexually harassed another would face disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal from employment. All complaints of sexual harassment will be taken seriously and treated with respect and in confidence.
Definition of sexual harassment
Sexual harassment is unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature, which makes a person feel offended, humiliated and/or intimidated. It includes situations where a person is asked to engage in sexual activity as a condition of that person’s employment, as well as
situations, which create an environment, which is hostile, intimidating or humiliating for the recipient. Sexual harassment can involve one or more incidents and actions constituting harassment may be physical, verbal and non-verbal. Examples of conduct or
behaviour which constitute sexual harassment include, but are not limited to:
• Unwelcome physical contact including patting, pinching, stroking, kissing, hugging
• Inappropriate touching
• Physical violence, including sexual assault
• Physical contact, e.g. touching, pinching
• The use of job-related threats or rewards to solicit sexual favours
• Comments on a worker’s appearance, age, private life, etc.
• Sexual comments, stories and jokes
• Sexual advances
• Repeated and unwanted social invitations for dates or physical intimacy
• Insults based on the sex of the worker
• Condescending or paternalistic remarks
• Sending sexually explicit messages (by phone or by email)
• Display of sexually explicit or suggestive material
• Sexually-suggestive gestures
Anyone can be a victim of sexual harassment, regardless of their sex and of the sex of the harasser. Wimbledon Logistics Ltd recognises that sexual harassment may also occur between people of the same sex. What matters is that the sexual conduct is unwanted
and unwelcome by the person against whom the conduct is directed. Wimbledon Logistics Ltd recognises that sexual harassment is a manifestation of power relationships and often occurs within unequal relationships in the workplace, for example between manager or supervisor and employee. Anyone, including employees of Wimbledon Logistics Ltd clients, customers, casual
workers, contractors or visitors who sexually harasses another will be reprimanded in accordance with this internal policy. All sexual harassment is prohibited whether it takes place within Wimbledon Logistics Ltd premises or outside, including at social events, business trips, training sessions or conferences sponsored by Wimbledon Logistics Ltd.
Anyone who is subject to sexual harassment should, if possible, inform the alleged harasser that the conduct is unwanted and unwelcome. Wimbledon Logistics Ltd recognises that sexual harassment may occur in unequal relationships (i.e. between a supervisor and his/her employee) and that it may not be possible for the victim to inform the alleged harasser. If a victim cannot directly approach an alleged harasser, he/she can approach one of the designated staff members responsible for receiving complaints of sexual harassment. This person could be another supervisor, a member of the human resources department, etc. when a designated person receives a complaint of sexual harassment, he/she will:
• Immediately record the dates, times and facts of the incident(s)
• Ascertain the views of the victim as to what outcome he/she wants
• Ensure that the victim understands the company’s procedures for dealing with the complaint
• Discuss and agree the next steps: either informal or formal complaint, on the understanding¬ that choosing to resolve the matter informally does not preclude the victim from pursuing a formal complaint if he/she is not satisfied with the outcome
• Keep a confidential record of all discussions¬
• Respect the choice of the victim
• Ensure that the victim knows that they can lodge the complaint outside of the company through the relevant country/legal framework
Throughout the complaints procedure, a victim is entitled to be helped by a counsellor within the company. Wimbledon Logistics Ltd will nominate a number of counsellors and provide them with special training to enable them to assist victims of sexual harassment. Wimbledon Logistics Ltd recognises that because sexual harassment often occurs in unequal relationships within the workplace, victims often feel that they cannot come forward. Wimbledon Logistics Ltd understands the need to support victims in making complaints.
Sanctions and disciplinary measures
Anyone who has been found to have sexually harassed another person under the terms of this policy is liable to any of the following sanctions:
• Verbal or written warning
• Adverse performance evaluation
• Reduction in wages
The nature of the sanctions will depend on the gravity and extent of the harassment. Suitable deterrent sanctions will be applied to ensure that incidents of sexual harassment are not treated as trivial. Certain serious cases, including physical violence, will result in the immediate dismissal of the harasser.
Implementation of this policy
Wimbledon Logistics Ltd will ensure that this policy is widely disseminated to all relevant persons. It will be included in the staff handbook. All new employees must be
trained on the content of this policy as part of their induction into the company. Every year, Wimbledon Logistics Ltd will require all employees to attend a refreshertraining course on the content of this policy. It is the responsibility of every manager to ensure that all his/her employees are aware of the policy.
Monitoring and evaluation
Wimbledon Logistics Ltd recognises the importance of monitoring this sexual harassment policy and will ensure that it anonymously collects statistics and data as to how it is used and whether or not it is effective. Supervisors, managers and those responsible for dealing with sexual harassment cases will report on compliance with this policy, including the number of incidents, how they were dealt with, and any recommendations made. This will be done on a yearly basis. As a result of this report, the company will evaluate the effectiveness of this policy and make any changes needed.
Copyright © 2019 Wimbledon Logistics Limited .
All rights reserved Design By : Ahmad Fawad Noori